The FDA is seeking comments from the public about steps they can take to address the opioid crisis. Please go to the federal website to leave a comment – and please do this now because the docket will close in a matter of days. Deadline: December 28, 2017
Leaving a comment is easy. It just takes a few minutes. Here’s how to do this:
- Step 1: Click on the link at the bottom of this message
- Step 2: Enter requested information
- Step 3: Enter your comment:
Start with a couple of sentences about how the opioid crisis has impacted you. If you have a loved one that became addicted from taking opioid painkillers, please make sure to mention it- even if your loved one switched to heroin. If you want to thank FDA for seeking comments, that would be nice.
Here are some suggested points you should make in your comment:
- FDA should overhaul its opioid policies- as recommended by the National Academy of Sciences in a recent report.
- FDA should prohibit drug companies from promoting long-term use of opioids as safe and effective for chronic pain.
- FDA should remove dangerous ultra-high dosage opioids from the market.
- FDA should stop approving new opioids- we can’t handle the ones we have now.
- FDA should make education about addiction mandatory for prescribers who want to give more than a 3-day supply of opioids.
- Step 4: Submit comment
- Step 5: Encourage someone you know to also leave a comment.
Submit comments on FDA’s newly established
Opioid Policy Steering Committee
Deadline: December 28, 2017