The FDA is looking into how naloxone can be made more available. They’ll be having an Advisory Committee meeting on December 17th and 18th to discuss this matter.
The FED UP!
The FED UP! Coalition plans to communicate to the FDA:
- All forms of naloxone should be sold over the counter
- The Federal government should subsidize over the counter naloxone to keep the price under $20 per dose.
- The Federal government should launch a public awareness campaign regarding Naloxone to cover such issues as:
- Should you have naloxone in your home or place of business?
- How do you know when to administer naloxone?
- How do you administer naloxone?
The FDA is also asking what has worked in your community to expand naloxone access and in what circumstances you believe that naloxone should automatically be prescribed when an opioid is prescribed. You may want to let them know your opinion on these issues as well.
Comments sent by Friday, Dec. 14, 2018, will be reviewed by the FDA Advisory Committee.
We must make sure all Attorneys General understand one fact – big pharma doesn’t owe several millions of dollars in restitution – they owe our cities & towns BILLIONS of dollars. Take a moment today and sign this letter to the National Association of Attorneys General demanding that these settlements do not fall short and are worth #BillionsNotMillions.
Sign the Change.org petition on holding the Sackler family and Purdue Pharma accountable for the opioid crisis: https://www.change.org/p/hold-
Make plans to have your voice heard and attend the 2018 FED UP! Rally in Washington, D.C. on October 7th. Please contact April Rovero at email@example.com with questions or to volunteer with planning or on event day.
Attend and/or offer to organize a local rally and vigil on International Overdose Awareness Day by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up to be notified of upcoming Federal advocacy opportunities.